Easy 3 Step Application Process
Step 1 – Gather all of your support material.
Step 2 – Email email@example.com with your full support material package.
Step 3 – Selected applicants will be interviewed by the selection committee for upcoming openings.
Artist application support material must show clear evidence of the artist’s dedication to their craft and professional career development. Incomplete applications will not be accepted. Applicants will be selected based on the Artistic Career Goals described in their Professional Development Plans, Artistic Merit of Works in Portfolio, and Rental History.
Through the profits of Skwachàys Lodge Hotel and Gallery, Vancouver Native Housing Society is able to provide the rental subsidy for the artists in residence housing program. The motivation behind this practice is to provide resources for the artists to develop personally and professionally. Benefiting from an affordable rental rate, with access to a shared workspace over the course of a three-year term, 24 Indigenous artists are given more freedom to focus on their professional artistic career pursuits and objectives.
In order to be considered for this unique subsidized housing program, all applicants must provide the following items to the Program Coordinator. Send the full package to firstname.lastname@example.org / confirmation of receipt will be sent by email. Do not send originals. Please note; all materials must be in .doc or .pdf formats along with links to online submissions (Google Drive, Vimeo, Youtube).
- Artist Bio
- Artist Statement
- Artistic Resume / Detailed list of professional experience (*must include date, venue, city, role, presenter)
- Letter of Recommendation (*must be from Mentor / Colleague who can speak to your artistic career goals and achievements)
- Cover Letter / Expression of Interest – Describe WHY you are interested in this opportunity and HOW it will change your life
- Proof of Income (*CRA Notice of Assessment)
- Professional Development 3-Year Plan – download HERE
- Rental Application – download HERE
- Artistic Portfolio: (*only links to an online portfolio will be accepted – please use Google Docs, Vimeo, or Youtube)
- Visual/Carving/Jewelry artists: submit 6 images of recent work with image list
- Video/Film/Theatre Artists: submit links to 10 minutes of recent work with image list
- Literary Artists: submit links to 5 pages of recent work
- Conceptual artists: submit links for up to 10 minutes of recent work OR 6 images with image list
- Performing Artists (Music, Comedy, Spoken Word, Dance): submit links for up to 10 minutes of recent work with image list